Skip to main content
Support is Online
We're back! We are here to assist you. Please be patient, we will respond to your tickets shortly.
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Saturday, 05 May 2018
  26 Replies
  10.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
I downloaded Office Tab version 13.x, and uninstalled my version 11.x.; then installed v 13.x

I did not realize that the 13.x version was beyond my free update period and only discovered that when I tried to use it.

So I uninstalled the 13.x version, and reinstalled my original 11.x. I configured it to my liking, opened Word 2013, but there were no tabs and it did not display as a tab in Word's ribbon.

I restarted my pc and tried again, but it still didn't work. I reinstalled again, made sure my license number was correct, but it still won't work.

Please help - I really can't work without it, and I can't figure out why it won't work.

Thank you!
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please try to contact us with your order information. You can contact me .
Thanks in advance.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I am having a similar problem. I had to reinstall office and then I installed OfficeTab Enterprise x64. I configured the settings, and opened Excel. The tabs didn't show up. I looked at the Options -> Add-Ins -> COM add-ins and see that the location is blank for both OfficeTab.TabsforExcel2013 and TabsforOfficeHelper.Helper

How do I get the tabs for show up again?

I am running Windows 10 version 1803.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please try to download and install the software from this link https://www.cdn.extendoffice.com/downloads/SetupOfficeTabEnterprise.exe
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Same issue , had to reinstall Office tab to to upgrade to office 365 64x, add-in had no location could not reenable despite repeated uninstalls and re-installs. deleted and installed Enterprise edition which seems to have worked only installed items for regular edition. Now want do I do to purchase this ???
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please contact us with your old license information via .
Thanks in advance.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Same problem, but perhaps a different issue. Office Tab 13.1 registered stopped working. When I click on any Office Tab icon I receive a dialog box that specifies: Initialization error 4 for Officetabloader.dll. I have reinstalled Office table 13.1 and continue to get the error. What do you recommend?
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please try to disable the antivirus software or try to add our software into the trust / white list of the antivirus software.
And then please reinstall the software.
Thanks in advance.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
No. Tried that before I contacted you. Tried again by uninstalling Office Tab and rebooting, then reinstalled. Same error. The problem started after I activated a "coming soon" message from MS Office 2016 about upcoming features for Outlook. There's probably a .DLL conflict. Please resolve and give instructions. Thanks.
Installed Office 2019 a week ago and Tabs worked until today (12/15). Getting the Initialization Error 4 message from OfficeTabLoader.dll. Added program to antivirus exceptions but still won't work. Bought personal license last year.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,

Please try to fix it according to

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/initialization-error-4-terminalexe-mt4/5836b475-7e2a-4be9-a084-cc9d1fa4a71b

The other users who have encountered same issue, and get it fixed as following:

I have bit defender total security.

With trial and error elimination found that disabling the Advanced Threat Defence stopped the initialising error 4 and Kutools worked okay. While installing Kutools disabled the bitdefender as well…

So, added the Excel and the Kutools in the exception list under the advanced threat defence and then enabled it.

All works. I hope this may help others.

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Disabling Bitdefender's advanced threat defense entirely allows office tab to run. However, excepting the four .exe's in the office tab directory doesn't work if advanced trheat defense is running. The solution I found was to add the office executables (winword.exe, excel.exe, powerpt.exe) to the exception list. On my system they are found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16. All is well.
Adding the office apps to bitdefender exceptions worked for me too.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
All, having just experienced this problem I can say that 'all is not well'.

The primary function of 'A/V' products is to protect the system and your personal data. Circumventing protection software is a direct vector into the system. I tried to temporarily disable Bitdefender Total Security's Advanced Threat Detection facility but I still received the Init Error 4, so that solution does not work. Then I enabled the protection and proceeded to add WINWORD.EXE to the empty exception list, but still got the error. So I closed out of Word and then restarted it. I was then able to add or close tabs. I went through the same process with Excel and finally achieved the same result. Now I have two critical applications (highly targeted by malware gurus) unprotected.

This is far from an ideal solution. I respectfully suggest that Detong Technology (ExtendOffice) work with Bitdefender and other security software providers to develop a far more secure resolution to this problem.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Is there any other workaround that can be done if you do not have access to your antivirus settings to add an exception for Office and Office Tab executables? My company recently started using McAfee Endpoint Security and the company manages the settings and policies and do not allow users to add exceptions.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I too recently switched to Bitdefender and the fixes below worked (including adding Office apps to exception list). Thanks to you all for troubleshooting it.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Is there any other workaround that can be done if you do not have access to your antivirus settings to add an exception for Office and Office Tab executables? My company recently started using McAfee Endpoint Security and the company manages the settings and policies and do not allow users to add exceptions.

In my company we use McAfee and also centralized management of setting so there is no way for a single user to modify a thing here. I also think that it cannot be that a software only works if I must disable protection of most vulnerable programs such as office on my computer.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for your feedback.
First of all, our software is completely safe. We recommend you to use the online antivirus software to scan our software. https://www.virustotal.com/

We are also working with the antivirus software company to work on this issue. And we will release new versions soon.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
"Disabling Bitdefender's advanced threat defense entirely allows office tab to run. However, excepting the four .exe's in the office tab directory doesn't work if advanced trheat defense is running. The solution I found was to add the office executables (winword.exe, excel.exe, powerpt.exe) to the exception list. On my system they are found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16. All is well."

This approach works also for me
thank you paul
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
My Bitdefender Advanced Threat Defense is enabled, as it should be. I placed Word and Excel (all I need) executables in the exception list so that Office Tabs function. Still not the best solution because the MS Office apps are always a huge target for malware; those apps should be protected. A better solution is STILL necessary, one that does not expose the Office apps.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi, I'm running Office 365 32bit on Windows 1809 64bit. I am using Bitdefender. I installed v13.1 and get the Initialization 4 error same as the other users on this page. I blocked Bitdefender, reinstalled v13.1, no change. Please let me know what I can do to make it work.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.