Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Wednesday, 02 May 2018
  6 Replies
  9.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
When you have more than two powperpoint files open, office tab locks up and you are forced to do a hard close on powerpoint.
I've deleted and reinstalled, same issue happens
I've deleted all the add-ins I added in powerpoint except powerpoint, still same issue

i have Powerpoint 2016 MSO (16.0.9226.2114) 64 bit.

Any suggestions, it seems to only happen with powerpoint, not Word or Excel.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please try to disable all the other add-ins in your PowerPoint add-ins manager first.
Can this issue be replicated with two blank files or only be replicated with the existing files?
Thanks in advance.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,

the problem seems to be wider, beacause I have the same problem with Word.
I gest this issue only on my Microsoft Surface book 2. Not on my desktop PC witch has exactly the same version of Office (365).
The issue exists at least from version 12.0 of Office Tab (now in 13.10)
Maybe related to screen resolution ? Surface book has a resolution of 3000x2000...

Cyril
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Sorry to tell you that it could be this issue "Maybe related to screen resolution ? Surface book has a resolution of 3000x2000...".
Please try to contact us with some screenshots to demonstrate the issue via .
Thanks in advance.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello Jay,
Screenshots won't show anything special. Word is freezed and I am forced to do a hard close.
The issue seems to occur randomly. It occured several times yesterday and I add to use separated windows to continue to work.
Today, I can't reproduce it.I do not have a specific scenario, but the problem is quite common.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
May be it can be replicated according to the operation which you are doing in the PowerPoint.
If you can tell us how to replicate it, we will try to fix it.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Problems with PowerPoint hanging, freezing or not responding may occur for one or more of the following reasons: This issue can occur if you have not installed the latest updates. PowerPoint may be in use by another process. ... Antivirus software may be outdated, or conflicting with PowerPoint.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.