Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Monday, 08 August 2022
  12 Replies
  6.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
Using Excel 2016.

Searchable DD list works fine until I protect the sheet, once I protect the sheet it doesnt.

Thanks,
VinceF
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

For the current version of Kutools for Excel, the Searchable Drop-Down List feature will not be available after protecting the sheet.

But the good news is that we will make the Searchable DD list available in the next version as long as the cells where you apply the feature are unlocked. :D

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Amanda, Thank you for your reply,

I'm not sure why this would be an issue...it seems to me that one should be able to protect the sheet and still have the searchable DD list working.
Never-the-less, Both the cells with the DD list and the cells where the list references too are all unprotected/unlocked. So, as you wrote "...the Searchable DD list available as long as the cells where you apply the feature are unlocked", am I misreading this or missing something?

Thanks,
VinceF
Excel 2016
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
I've been checking for a reply to my post for two days...All I see is that support is taking the day off/offline?
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sorry, it does not support the protected worksheet now. We will support it in the next version. :D
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Amanda, Thank you for your reply,

I'm not sure why this would be an issue...it seems to me that one should be able to protect the sheet and still have the searchable DD list working.
Never-the-less, Both the cells with the DD list and the cells where the list references too are all unprotected/unlocked. So, as you wrote "...the Searchable DD list available as long as the cells where you apply the feature are unlocked", am I misreading this or missing something?

Thanks,
VinceF
Excel 2016

Sorry, there was a typo. I was saying the good news is that we will make the Searchable DD list available in the next version as long as the cells where you apply the feature are unlocked.

Sorry for the delay.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks again for the reply and clarification. Do you have an approximation as to when the updated version will be released?
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks again for the reply and clarification. Do you have an approximation as to when the updated version will be released?
The new version should be launched in two or three months. Note that this is an estimated time :)

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi VinceF,

We've created a beta version that includes the updated Searchable Drop-Down List feature: https://download.extendoffice.com/downloads/Kutools-for-Excel/beta/26.10/KutoolsforExcelSetup.Inno.exe

Please download and try. If there are any problems, please don't hesitate to ask me. :)

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Amanda,

I believe I downloaded the most recent version of the Kutools software, but I still experience the problem that the searchable dropdown menu doesn't work on protected sheets. Is the function not yet released? Or am I doing something wrong?

Please let me know!

Kind regards,
FrisoE
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

The new version (Kutools for Excel 27.0) with the function is releasing soon. Please subscribe our website so that you don't miss the release note.

Note that after you download and install Kutools for Excel 27.0, before you use the searchable dropdown menu on protected sheets, you should: 1. select the range where you applied the searchable dropdown menu; 2. click Kutools Plus > Design View > Unlock Cells; 3. protect the worksheet.

Amanda
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your response!

Do you have an indication on when to expect the release of Kutools for Excel 27.0?

FrisoE
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi FrisoE and VinceF,

Kutools for Excel 27.0 is now released :D , here is the download link: https://www.extendoffice.com/download/kutools-for-excel.html

Amanda
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.